More and more summer camps are adopting gender inclusive practices and policies. We have resources to help camps in this work, and to help you find a camp that's right for your child!
Gender Spectrum Resources for Camps
It's the time of year (already!) when many parents are beginning to think about summer camp for their kids. Gender Spectrum has resources for camp professionals on making camps gender inclusive, and resources for parents to help you work with camps to create a supportive space for your gender diverse child.
- Gender Inclusive Camps packet, including Framework for Gender Inclusive Camps, Planning Guide, Sample Mission and Policy Statements, and Camp Gender Support Plan.
- FAQ for Summer Camps and Activities
- Gender Spectrum Training: Foundations of Gender Inclusion for Camp Professionals and Staff
Resources from Other Groups
- American Camping Association - Articles on Supporting Transgender Campers and Staff
- Supporting Transgender and Gender Nonconforming Youth at Summer Camps
- List of 2020 Camp Programs for LGBTQ Youth, from Jessica Ann Vooris, author of “The Spaces in Between" and a list from Trans Student Educational Resources.