DEADLINE EXTENDED! 2018 Gender Spectrum Art Contest
Jan 25, 2018
WE HAVE EXTENDED THE DEADLINE FOR THE ART CONTEST! The NEW deadline for submissions is Sunday, March 11th at 11:59 P.M.
We are excited to announce the 2018 Art Contest for our annual Conference. All artists, and especially children and teens, are encouraged to submit your visual art, which we will use at the events and for posters, online promotion, and on other promotional materials for the Conference.
In addition to having your art represent the events, the contest winner will be awarded a $250 prize!
The theme for the 2018 Gender Spectrum Conference is “Claiming My Gender.” At its core, this theme speaks to the way individuals make sense of their personal experience of gender in the context of other aspects of their identity–including race, faith, socioeconomic status, language, and other factors. The Conference theme recognizes that people navigate and find congruence between these intersections of identity and experience in ways that are, ultimately, unique to each person. All artwork should tie into this theme.
While the art contest is open to all ages, preference will be given to submissions from children and teens.
- Please submit your artwork with your name, age and contact information. Use the form below to submit your art. You may submit your art under any name, but we need your legal name (or parent’s legal name if the artist is under 18) on the waiver form.
- All artists must submit a signed release form (or have a parent/guardian sign the release form if the artist is under age 18) with your artwork. If you’re submitting photos with other people in them, we will need them to sign a release form as well. If they are under 18, they will need their parent/guardian to sign the form. Download the form here.
- Please submit a digital image that is at least 800px x 530px in size.
- The deadline for submission is Sunday March 11th at 11:59 P.M.
- The prize for the contest is $250.
- Gender Spectrum staff and our Youth Council will vote on the winner.
- All forms of art are accepted, though if you submit a song or poem there must be a visual for the event program and website. Visuals can be lyrics from a song or text from a poem.
- There is a limit of one entry per person.
- Gender Spectrum will announce the winner during the week of March 26th.
The Gender Spectrum Conference and Symposium will take place on July 6 through and 8 at Saint Mary’s College of California in Moraga, CA.
These are the boring (but important) legal rules:
- Submission of your artwork grants Gender Spectrum full rights to use your artwork for promotional materials.
- If you are submitting photos of 3D artwork, you can submit up to three photos so that the voting committee can properly see the artwork.
- All artwork must be original – you may not use third-party artwork or materials in your work. This means that you can’t use anything that was created by someone else (especially if it is trademarked or restricted by the original artist).
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].