For more on groups and upcoming events, check our Events Page.
Gender Spectrum hosts online groups for pre-teens, teens, parents, caregivers, and other family members. These groups provide participants the opportunity to connect with others, share their experience, and feel the comfort of a supportive community. All groups are hosted online, unless noted otherwise. Please view the information to learn more and sign up for these groups.
Pre-Teens and Teens
Our groups for teens and pre-teens are safe spaces where you can connect, find community and meet other young people. Watch our video below to learn more about how our groups work and hear from young people who have participated in our groups.
Parents and Family
- Grandparents Group: A Discussion Group for Grandparents of Gender Diverse Children
- International Discussion Group for Parents Raising Gender Diverse Children
- Preparing for the Holidays
- Comunicar a miembros de la familia y amigxs acerca de la identidad de género de su hijx: una discusión grupal para padres y otros adultos miembros de la familia
Past groups have included:
- Neurodivergence and Gender: A Discussion Group for Parents Raising Neurodivergent Gender Diverse Youth
- Navigating Gender and Race: A Discussion Group for Parents of Color Raising a Gender Diverse Child
- Finding/Creating Gender Inclusive Camps for Your Child
- Creating Trust with Your Teen
- Adoption and Your Gender Diverse Child
- Masculinity and Femininity
- Self Care for Parents and Caregivers
- Navigating Your Child’s Gender and Your Christian Faith
Teens 13-19 Discussion Groups
Our teen discussion groups are brought to you by Gender Spectrum and The Happy Hippie Foundation for youth ages 13-19. Are you looking to meet other youth navigating gender and have a space to hangout? Once a week for four weeks, we focus on the intersection of gender and specific topics like: the holidays, school, family, friendship and much more. These groups are a great way to meet other young people, share experiences, ask questions and just hangout together. You can join with video, audio, or even just call in!
Monday 11/18 6:30 PST / 9:30 EST
Monday 12/2 6:30 PST / 9:30 EST
Monday 12/9 6:30 PST / 9:30 EST
Monday 12/16 6:30 PST / 9:30 EST
Monday 1/6 6:30pmPST
Monday 1/13 6:30pmPST
Monday 1/20 6:30pmPST
Monday 1/27 6:30pmPST
Pre-Teen Group 11-12 Discussion Group
Join our online pre-teen group to meet other pre-teens navigating gender! All groups are facilitated by trans, Non-binary and gender expansive staff or volunteers.
“This is a great way to give a child community while still in the low-pressure environment of their own home, and they can choose to be as verbal or as quiet as they feel comfortable with. We can’t wait for the next series.” (Parent of youth participant)
Our previous groups were a blast! We had discussions about tv shows, ways people express their gender, experiences at school, and more. A couple of people introduced us to their pets on the video chat! If you’re looking for a way to talk with other kids your age about your life and things you like– this is the group for you.
This group will take place online and you can join through video, audio or chat. It’s a really fun way to share and meet others. We look forward to hanging out with you!
Wednesday 11/20 7pmEST
Wednesday 12/4 7pm EST
Wednesday 12/11 7pmEST
Wednesday 12/18 7pmEST
Groups for Parents and Family
National Parent Support Group
The National Parent Support Group is a live online/call-in peer group where parents can support each other and find helpful information on their journey of raising Transgender, non-binary or otherwise Gender-expansive children and teens. It is facilitated by Gender Spectrum. You can join occasionally, or regularly, as you desire. There are options for you to participate either by phone or by video online.
Between the monthly support group meetings, parents can continue the conversation on the Parents and Primary Caregivers Group on the Lounge, Gender Spectrum’s online community. If you are a parent joining the Lounge, you will automatically become a member of this Lounge group. If you have any questions or need help joining the group, you can email Pam Wool at [email protected].
Topic-based Discussion Groups for Parents and Other Adult Family Members
- Grandparents Group: A Discussion Group for Grandparents of Gender Diverse Children and Teens
This group will meet four Wednesdays at 11am – 12pm PT/2pm – 3pm ETDates: 10/23/19, 10/30/19, 11/6/19 and 11/13/19
- International Discussion Group for Parents Raising Gender Diverse Children and Teens
This group will meet four Tuesdays at 10am – 11am US PTDates: 11/5/19, 11/12/19, 11/19/19 and 12/3/19
- Comunicar a miembros de la familia y amigxs acerca de la identidad de género de su hijx: una discusión grupal para padres y otros adultos miembros de la familia (Discussion Group for Spanish-speaking Parents)
- Preparing for the Holidays Discussion Group for Parents Raising Gender Diverse Children and Teens
This group will meet four times in November and December 2019:
- Thursday, November 14th, 9:00am PT/11:00am CT/12:00pm ET
- Tuesday, November 19th, 5:00pm PT/7:00pm CT/8:00pm ET
- Tuesday, December 10th, 9:00am PT/11:00am CT/12:00pm ET
- Wednesday, December 18th, 5:00pm PT/7:00pm CT/8:00pm ET
If you are a father to a transgender, non-binary, or otherwise gender-expansive child, this group is for you. The Dads Group is an online/call-in monthly group, facilitated by a Gender Spectrum Board Member Enrique Perez Grovas, where dads can share questions and experiences. There is also an affiliated Dads Group in the Lounge, where you can connect with other dads in writing. If you have any questions or need help joining the group, you can email Pam Wool at [email protected].
Grupo de padres en Español (Spanish Language Parent Support Group)
Si desea unirse al grupo de apoyo mediante llamada mensual, o si tiene alguna pregunta, por favor contáctenos a [email protected]
Este grupo en el “Lounge”, de la comunidad en línea de Gender Spectrum, será de gran ayuda para adultos de habla hispana y que se encuentran lidiando con el constante desarrollo de la identidad de género de un menor o adolescente en sus vidas.
Adicionalmente al grupo del Lounge, en el cual los padres pueden conocer a otros padres por medio de mensajes que escriban en línea, este grupo también cuenta con la posibilidad de unirse al grupo de apoyo vía telefónica de Gender Spectrum el cual, se lleva a cabo mediante una conferencia telefónica en español una vez al mes. Las instrucciones de cómo unirse a las llamadas podrán encontrarlas en el Grupo Lounge para padres en español.
Bay Area Parent Support Group
Click here to find out more and receive information to join this group
This in-person peer support group is a place where parents can support each other and find helpful information on their journey of raising transgender, non-binary or other gender-expansive children and teens. The group meets one evening a month in Emeryville, CA. There is also a corresponding group on the Lounge for the Bay Area Parent Support Group to continue the conversation between in-person meetings.
Groups for Facilitators
Facilitators Support Group
Please register here to join